Undoubtedly, cleanliness is directly related to health.
A clean work environment means healthier employees and a well-maintained facility. Healthy employees spend more time at work being productive and have fewer sick days which is exactly what employers want. Not to mention, guests, clients, and others visiting a building or facility will notice if it’s dirty and will appreciate having a clean environment to do business.
Public spaces that are used by many people can become very dirty, very quickly if not well maintained. So, how can employers ensure a clean & healthy work environment is maintained?
Check out these 5 tips that every workplace should do every day to keep a clean and healthy environment for their workforce and other users of the building.
- Sanitize restrooms, kitchen areas, and break rooms to kill germs on surfaces.
- Disinfect door handles and light switches to prevent the spread of germs.
- Dust workspaces and electronics to remove toxins that cause allergies and lung problems.
- Remove waste and recycling to eliminate clutter and odors.
- Maintain live plants in common spaces for better indoor air quality.
These simple, yet very important, tips will ensure your workplace is clean and healthy for everyone. Hiring a facility manager is the best way to ensure a building is well maintained. And again, a clean and healthy work environment is key to productivity and is a significant detail to running a successful business.