Though it might not feel like Spring with the fluctuating weather patterns of late, according to the vernal equinox, it is here! Facility managers know that a thorough cleaning at their building makes a huge difference in the Spring months. In fact, Spring cleaning crucial to keep a facility looking clean and maintaining indoor and outdoor spaces. That means that special care must be taken to achieve a top notch looking (and functioning!) office, school, theater, church, salon, restaurant, retail store, or health care facility.
Many facilities already have a yearly routine and know exactly what service needs are required in the spring. If not, it’s a great time to consider all of the building maintenance that needs attention to keep a clean, healthy, and safe facility for employees, clients, and others using it. Below are some of the things both inside and outside that your facility will want to pay attention to this Spring!
- Kitchens and Breakrooms – Remove items from counters, disinfect all surfaces
- Appliances – Disinfect refrigerator, oven, microwave, and garbage disposals
- Furniture – Remove cushions, vacuum and clean upholstery
- Flooring – Strip and wax and/or deep clean carpets
- Safety Features – Maintenance on fire alarms, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers
- Storage – Put salt, scrapers, snow shovels and blowers away; bring out lawn mowers and landscaping equipment
- Gutters – Remove debris, check for damages, and repair accordingly
- Windows —Thoroughly clean and remove winter slush
- Pressure Washing – The building, sidewalks, and other areas as needed
- Parking Lot – Clear debris, re-stripe faded paint
If your building is not maintain indoor and outdoor needs, contact your facilities management service today to have an evaluation or get quotes on Spring cleaning projects. A little extra time and attention now will save potential added expenses later. It will also keep your building from looking drab this Spring!