The article below talks about what germs are which includes viruses and how we can protect ourselves from them. Here at System4, we use a product called MicroShield 360 to coat and protect surfaces not only from germs, but also bacteria, pathogens and mold. Give us a call if you would like to learn more about this amazing product! Enjoy the article.
Wayne Holland – President, System4 Indianapolis
Our bodies are amazing! Day after day, they work hard to digest food, pump blood and oxygen, send signals from our brains and much more. But there is a group of tiny invaders that can make our bodies sick – “germs”. But what is a “germ”? Germs are tiny organisms – or living things – that can cause illness. Germs are so small and sneaky that they creep into our bodies without being noticed. In fact, germs are so tiny that you need to use a microscope to see them. When they get in our bodies, we don’t know what hit us until we show symptoms that say we’ve been attacked!
Different Types of “Germs”
Germs are found all over the world. There are four major types of “germs”:
- Bacteria – single-celled creatures that get nutrients from their environments in order to live. They can reproduce outside of the body or within the body as they cause infections. Examples of bacterial infections: ear infections, sore throats, pneumonia.
- Viruses – most viruses can’t survive very long if they’re not inside a living thing like a planet, animal or person. When viruses get inside the human body, they can spread and make people sick. Examples of viral infections: chicken pox, measles, flu and Coronavirus.
- Fungi – multi-celled, plant-like organisms. Fungi cannot make their own food from soil, water and air. Instead they get their nutrition from plants, people and animals. They love to live in damp, warm places. Examples of fungal infections: athlete’s foot and itchy rash.
- Protozoa – single-celled organisms that love moisture and often spread diseases through water. Examples of infection: diarrhea and nausea.
How to Protect Yourself from “Germs”:
Germs can spread through the air, close contact with a person who has an infection, or touching a contaminated surface. Ways to prevent the spread of germs include:
- Limiting close contact to a person who is sick.
- Proper hand washing technique.
- Avoiding touching your face, unless your hands have been cleaning with soap and water.
- Treating surfaces with MicroShield 360 antimicrobial coating system.
The MicroShield 360 system is EPA registered and FDA approved for food contact surfaces. Once treated our system creates a preventative surface that protects treated areas from germs, bacteria, pathogens, and mold. The MicroShield 360 system is a multi-step application process that works to kill then prevent future pathogens from living on treated surfaces. The coating system is colorless and odorless, hypoallergenic and non-toxic for humans and animals, and is long-lasting. Proven through third party research, MicroShield 360’s system excels where traditional disinfectants fall short. While traditional disinfectants are effective for seconds and are a reactionary solution, this antimicrobial coating system constantly fights germs and prevents their development every second of the day.
Contact us today at 317-222-1039 to learn more about our Indianapolis Sanitation.