Guide to Safely Reopening Your Workplace
To Our Customers
As your facility services partner, we would like to share helpful information and CDC guidelines to ensure that the reopening of your business operations is safe and keeps the health of your staff and customers in mind.
The following steps, recommendations and questions should be considered as you begin to reopen for business. All the information below has been drawn from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and ISSA (the leading cleaning industry association).
Initial Questions to Consider
- Is your business permitted to open under state and local guidelines?
- Does your in-office staff reside in areas that have lifted their “shelter-in-place” orders?
- Can you offer protective measures for employees that are at higher risk of contracting COVID19?
Recommended Safety Measures
- Promote healthy hygiene and preventative practices among your staff
- Regular and thorough washing of hands
- Wear protective face coverings when possible
- Practice sound personal hygiene – regular showering and changing of clothes
- Avoid touching face, mouth and nose
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces inside and outside of your facility
- In addition to a deep cleaning and disinfection prior to reopening, follow these steps in between your scheduled services
- Wear disposable gloves while cleaning and disinfecting
- Clean high touch surfaces with soap and water prior to disinfection
o Examples include tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- After cleaning, wipe down high touch surfaces with an EPA-registered household disinfectant, diluted bleach or alcohol solutions of at least 70%
o Use product according to manufacturer’s specifications including leaving on surface for one minute and maintain a damp surface during this time
o Ensure area is well ventilated
- Consider wipeable covers for electronics that cannot get wet with disinfectant.
o You may also use a misted disinfectant of at least 70% alcohol
- Encourage employees to work from home if they can perform their jobs outside of the office
- Avoid non-essential travel and encourage employees to avoid public transportation if possible
- Maintain social distancing guidelines and keep employees at least 6 feet from one another
- Restrict use of shared items and spaces
Ongoing Monitoring of Employees
- Establish daily employee health checks
o Ask if any symptoms have arisen and monitor them, check temperature
- Encourage employees to stay home if they feel ill in any way
- Track employee absenteeism and have flexible time-off policies
- Create a staff email list to share any updates or important information
Action Plan if Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- If the employee receives notification while onsite, ensure they immediately leave the facility, seek medical attention and follow the instructions of their healthcare professional
- Notify all employees of the positive test while respecting the privacy of the infected employee
o Express sympathy and respond to their questions and concerns
- Identify any employees that have had close contact with that individual over the last two weeks, have them leave the facility and contact their healthcare professional immediately
- Contact your System4 representative for deep cleaning and sanitation service
o Do not allow staff to enter areas that have been frequented by the infected employee until thorough cleaning and disinfection has been performed
Helpful Links and References
Below are links to the sources that were used to generate the attached documents. Please view for additional details and helpful tips or CDC guidelines for reopening your workplace.
Learn More About Our New Disinfectant
Tailored Carpet Cleaning Solutions for Different Industries
Carpet Cleaning for Different Industries in Indianapolis: Tailoring Solutions for Unique Commercial Spaces Welcome to an exploration of the specialized carpet cleaning needs and challenges faced by diverse industries. Discover how our expert team delivers tailored solutions to meet the unique requirements of each sector. In this article, we will