Shelbyville, Shelby County, IN 46176
Southwest of Indianapolis is a small town called Shelbyville, IN, which is renowned for its hospitality and award-winning schools. The county seat of Shelby County in central Indiana is Shelbyville.
About Shelbyville, IN
The county seat of Shelby County, Shelbyville, is situated on the confluence of the Little Blue and Big Blue rivers, not far from the county's geographic centre. The state capital of Indianapolis is about 26 miles to the southeast. Every day, some 2,500 locals travel to that city for work. 764.09 feet above sea level is the benchmark at the Courthouse's main entrance. This attractive shopping area is easily accessible from all sections of the county and attracts regular customers from neighbouring counties thanks to the confluence of two state highways, one U.S. highway, one Interstate highway, as well as several outstanding county roads, in Shelbyville.
Things to do in 46176
Shelbyville is a small community built around the famed Public Square southeast of Indianapolis. The streets of Shelbyville, which were platted some 200 years ago, are so steeped in history that the visitors bureau has created a walking tour of all the area’s beautiful buildings.
The nearest casino to Indianapolis is located in Shelbyville, a few miles from the city centre, and also has a racetrack where the Indiana Derby is held in July.
As well as a thriving farmers’ market highlighting the excellent local produce, there is a growing trail system connecting the downtown area to the picturesque parks along the Little Blue River.
Many places in the Shelbyville area have endured the test of time, such as a century-old performing arts centre, a 1950s drive-in theatre, and a cherished bakery that relocated to the city in the 1930s.
Points Of Interest
- From Horseshoe Indianapolis take N Michigan Rd to John St in Addison Township. Head northwest on N Michigan Rd. Then turn right onto N Harrison St.
- Take Walker St and Morris Ave to your destination. Turn left onto Morris Ave/Walker St. The destination Blue River Memorial Park will be on the right.
- Get on I-74/US-421 S from Lee Blvd. Take the I-74 E/US-421 S ramp to Cincinnati.
- Follow I-74/US-421 S and IN-244 E to S 600 E in Liberty Township. Turn left onto S 600 E. Your destination Meltzer woods will be on the right.
- Get on I-74/US-421 N. Head south on S 600 E toward IN-244 E. Turn right onto the I-74 W/US-421 N ramp to Indianapolis.
- Follow I-74 and I-465 N to E 56th St in Lawrence. Take exit 40 from I-465 N. Use the right lane to continue on I-74. Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 40 for 56th St.
- Follow E 56th St and Kessler Blvd E Dr to N College Ave in Indianapolis. Turn left onto E 56th St. Turn right onto Kessler Blvd E Dr. Finally turn right onto N College Ave. System4 Indianapolis will be on the right.